The City of Monroe owns and manages two municipal cemeteries. Hillcrest Cemetery bordering Stafford Street at Adams Street and Suncrest Cemetery bordering Parker Street, Washington Street, and Cemetery Drive. Both cemeteries were originally church cemeteries prior to becoming city owned and maintained. In the Suncrest Cemetery, sections known as “Old”, “Western”, and “Central” date back to the early and mid 1800’s. Sections “A” and “B” in Hillcrest date around the 1940’s.
Spaces are currently available in both cemeteries.
For more information please use the links provided below.
For inquiries, contact Engineering Services at (704) 282-4539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .